Any person, regardless of gender and age, can face rashes on the back. It is believed that the surface of the face is more susceptible to this problem, but this is not the case. The skin of the back has no less sweat, fat glands and is much thicker and denser.
The clogging of the pores of the skin with sebaceous secretion occurs unhindered, leading to inflammation and the formation of pimples.
The reasons for such inconveniences can be varied, from a banal lack of hygiene to serious illnesses. Before embarking on the struggle with the problem, it is necessary to identify what triggered its formation.
What are the types of acne on the back
On the skin of the back, rashes of various shapes, colors, sizes are formed, due to the individual characteristics of the organism in combination with external factors.
The first step towards a problem is to close the pores of the skin, which prevents the release of fat to the surface. Then inflammation develops with the formation of acne, or acne – closed or open comedones .
It is customary to divide pimples into several types.
Particles of keratinized skin block sebaceous secretions, forming a lump under the skin called an internal cyst. If you do not bother her, do not try to squeeze out, she can passively exist without creating significant inconvenience. This is how a closed comedone appears .
Inflammation begins as a result of contact with external microbes as a result of trying to squeeze out a pimple or when a subcutaneous infection appears.
Oily skin is prone to their formation. The greasy secretion accumulated in the hair follicle is mixed with keratinized skin scales, dirt, sweat. A plug is formed that closes the pore. Oxidizing with air, the cork darkens and turns into a black point – an open comedone .
Environmental bacteria can cause inflammation at the black point, leading to the next stage – the appearance of a red pimple. The formation grows, resembling a cone with suppuration at the apex. Having matured, the purulent contents come out.
Treatment allows the contents to dissolve without leaving a trace. Prolonged inflammation contributes to the formation of a purulent cyst.
In a neglected state, red acne becomes abscesses that can acquire significant sizes. Further infection of the blood and the whole organism may follow, requiring urgent medical intervention.
What causes acne
The impetus for the formation of comedones is one or more factors of an internal or external nature, as well as their combination. The choice of further treatment methods depends on the correct identification of the causes.
- Dysfunction of the endocrine system;
- Hormonal shifts;
- Diseases of the genitourinary system;
- Dysbacteriosis, impaired functioning of the digestive system.
- Exposure to sunlight: ultraviolet light in small doses helps to get rid of acne, but its excess reduces immunity in the skin; allergic (photodermatitis), phototraumatic (from sunburn) and phototoxic (from a combination of ultraviolet radiation and the use of certain food and medications) reactions may occur;
- Allergy to cosmetics and skin care products: the body may respond to a component. The pores are clogged with silicones. A substance unsuitable for skin type in terms of fat content or consistency serves as a testing ground for the activity of pathogenic microorganisms;
- Wearing tight-fitting things made of synthetic fabrics: unnatural materials impede the breathing of the skin, and if the clothing also tightly fits the body, then the subsequent allergy will not keep you waiting;
- Neglect of the rules of personal hygiene: on the surface of the skin there is a constant death of cells, this is how nature works, this layer, accumulating and mixing with impurities and products of the excretory system (sweat, fat) turns into a “putty” that closes the skin pores, too rarely taking a bath (shower ) helps to multiply pathogenic bacteria;
- Professions associated with activities in conditions of high content of dirt, dust;
- Stress: the well-known phrase “all diseases from stress” does not lose its relevance, emotional stress can affect the hormonal background, which in turn causes the appearance of comedones ;
- Bad habits (smoking, alcohol, drugs);
- Unhealthy food: fatty food in a duet with oily skin is a deadly combination, junk food containing preservatives and all sorts of artificial additives slags the body, which is forced to remove toxins through the skin;
- Vitamin deficiency: the vitamins most needed by the skin – A, C, E and group B;
- Sleep disorders: lack of sleep weakens the overall strength of the body, reduces immunity, lack of rest provokes failures of the internal systems of the body;
- Allergy to dust, some food products, household chemicals, animal hair, etc.
- Cosmetic procedures carried out in violation, for example, the illiterate actions of a specialist during deep peeling, thin the skin, depriving it of its natural protection.
Additional reasons for the appearance of comedones on the back in women include:
- Stages of the menstrual cycle (before and during menstruation);
- Gynecological disorders;
- The consequences of an abortion;
- In some cases, comedones develop with diseases of the spine.
Causes of rashes in babies:
- Miliaria: occurs as a result of excessive sweating when overheated;
- Diseases (scarlet fever, chickenpox, etc.).
The causes of comedones on the back in teenagers is puberty, during which hormonal changes in the body occur. At the end of the transitional age, acne youthful rash disappears.
What treatments are known
Before starting treatment, it is not superfluous to undergo a complete medical examination to exclude serious diseases. A gastroenterologist, an endocrinologist, a gynecologist (urologist), a dermatologist, an allergist, and a pediatrician for babies should give their opinion. Sometimes it is enough to observe the body’s reactions to identify the factors causing allergies.
- A favorable background is created by the use of vitamin complexes containing zinc, nutrition with healthy products, rejection of unhealthy habits and large overloads.
- It is undesirable to use scrubs and peels , otherwise there is a possibility of infection of large areas of the skin.
- Do not touch comedones with your hands, especially not too clean, or try to squeeze out pimples.
- Better to wash with a soft washcloth.
If the problem has not gone too far, available tools will help.
Traditional methods of treatment
The problem of acne on the back, known for a long time, was successfully treated by our ancestors.
It has been noticed that the properties of birch tar have a beneficial effect on the treatment of acne of all varieties. In its pure form, dipping a cotton swab, it is useful for them to treat rashes. Larger skin problems are treated with compresses.
Shown the use of any means containing tar: shower gels, soap (including the well-known “Tar”). You can add pure tar to your skin cleansers.
The name of the plant is fully justified: 250 skin diseases recede before its action. Pimples are smeared with celandine juice with a cotton swab.
A decoction is made from dry grass or roots: pour three large tablespoons of the dried plant with 400 ml of hot water, after 3 hours the infusion is filtered and added to the water for taking baths.
Other herbs have a similar effect: yarrow, sage, chamomile, string, calendula. The broth prepared from them is used to wipe problem areas of the skin or to take baths.
The broth can be frozen in tins and processed back with ice cubes.
Used fresh aloe vera juice to treat acne and the pulp of the leaf to apply to damaged skin.
To reduce the fat content of the skin, an external lotion is made at the rate of 2 tablespoons of aloe juice per 1 tablespoon of vodka. It is applied pointwise so as not to burn the skin.
An infusion of three to five cut aloe leaves, filled with hot water and left for two hours, has a milder effect . Used to rub the back.
It is used in the form of ice cubes, in masks and creams.
In boiled water at room temperature or in the herbal decoction described above, dissolve a few pieces of mummy and pour into ice molds. Treat problem areas with frozen cubes.
Add 5 g of mummy to a regular skin care cream, mix and apply locally to the affected area.
Tea tree oil products
Use is safe even for baby’s skin. Apply a little oil on a cotton swab and burn off pimples.
Lotion for rubbing is prepared from 10 drops of oil for 2 tbsp. spoons of sage broth, applied to a cotton pad and used to wipe.
A few drops are added to any cream a person would normally use.
What is offered by medicine
Among modern drugs, there are many products designed specifically for the treatment of acne and acne. They are used according to the recommendations specified in the instructions, ready-made.
A pharmacy solution is used to treat the problem skin area with a cotton swab or cotton pad.
A few drops of acid are added to make cosmetic masks from clay.
Ointments with salicylic acid successfully help in the fight against rashes.
Products containing zinc
Zinc ointment has an antibacterial effect, which helps to normalize the activity of the sebaceous glands. Other similar topical preparations containing zinc also have beneficial effects on the skin.
For teenagers, pregnant and lactating women – the most suitable option. Available in the form of tablets, ointments, powder. It is the safest drug.
To treat the problem, boric alcohol, Vishnevsky ointment, Ichthyol ointment, Chlorhexidine , Levomycetin ointment are used.
Medical treatment should be prescribed by a doctor.
How to eliminate the consequences
Getting rid of acne successfully is not the end of treatment. Serious rashes, especially purulent ones, leave spots and scars after they disappear, which take a long time to restore the skin layers.
- At home, oils are suitable for daily use: castor, lemon, neroli , tea tree, rosemary, clove, lavender.
- They help to solve the problem of masks made of cosmetic clay, lemon juice, badyaga , apple cider vinegar.
- Medicines: Contractubex for non-aging scars and blemishes, products with salicylic, azelaic or glycolic acid, Syntomycin or Zinc ointment.
Prevention comes first
It is always more profitable to prevent the appearance of a problem than to treat it for a long and painful time.
Compliance with simple rules will help prevent undesirable consequences in the form of acne on the back:
- Eat more protein foods, not fatty, not smoked, steamed or boiled;
- Exclude cakes, pastries and other sweets from the diet;
- In the morning and in the evening, arrange a contrast shower, which helps the skin blood supply;
- To wash clothes, especially underwear, use non-allergenic detergents;
- Drink pure water daily at the rate of 30 ml per 1 kg of body weight.
Simple recommendations, having become a habit, will help maintain the body in a healthy state and the word “pimple” will not be remembered.