Many people face neurodermatitis directly or indirectly. When the
disease is so widespread, there are many rumors, half-truths and tales about
its causes, treatment and course. When it comes to distortions, they are always
based on half- knowledge or misunderstanding. Therefore, below I will list a
number of such prejudices:
- The causes of neurodermatitis are unknown.
- Neurodermatitis is curable. Or: neurodermatitis is incurable.
- Neurodermatitis is only an allergic reaction to certain foods.
- The cause of neurodermatitis is amalgam.
- There is a special diet that cures neurodermatitis.
- The cause of neurodermatitis is a fungal infection (yeast of the genus Candida ) in the digestive tract.
- Neurodermatitis – “self-poisoning” of the body, in which toxic substances are released through the skin.
- Official medicine is powerless against neurodermatitis.
- There is a panacea against neurodermatitis.
- Psychotherapy for neurodermatitis can turn “allergic” behavior into “acceptable.”
Common misconceptions associated with neurodermatitis are usually hasty conclusions based on incomplete or false information. When such hasty and misguided estimates form the basis of a treatment concept, it is almost always doomed to failure. Such heresies are characteristic of healers who do not have a medical education; in the circle of doctors and specialists, such prejudices are much less common. For you as a patient or parents of a patient with neurodermatitis, in any case, it is important to be aware of hasty and false judgments in order to avoid treatment failures. In this book, I give the most necessary information, giving the reader the opportunity to critically evaluate the abundance of diagnostic and therapeutic methods, so as not to be at the mercy of prejudices and to be treated correctly.