There is hardly a person who has not heard about the healing properties of an Australian plant belonging to the same family as eucalyptus.
Indications for use
The composition of tea tree oil is so rich in beneficial substances that it is successfully used for various dermatological pathologies:
- Thermal burns;
- Itching of various etiologies;
- Local redness of the skin;
- Wounds and cuts;
- Acne formations;
- Dislocation of the limbs;
- Pathology in the oral cavity;
- ARI and ARVI;
- Angina, etc.
In addition, essential liquid is widely used in aromatherapy as an antiseptic and sedative.
The restriction on use applies to persons with individual intolerance to this substance, to women during pregnancy and breastfeeding, to young children. You should know that in its pure form, undiluted oil is not intended for ingestion, for treating wound surfaces and mucous membranes, as it causes an unwanted burn. Care should be taken to ensure that the composition does not get into the eyes, otherwise rinse them immediately with plenty of clean water.
For people with sensitive skin type and prone to allergic reactions, it is advisable to conduct a dermatological test on the bend of the elbow or wrist before using such an active substance as tea tree oil. In the absence of redness and irritation, the product is suitable for use in the treatment of acne.
Proper storage of the product is carried out in small bottles made of dark glass with a tight screw cap or tight-fitting stopper, which will protect it from premature oxidation and extend its shelf life. When buying, preference should be given to goods from trusted manufacturers, the best are those that are produced in the place of growth. Careful study of the information on the packaging will save you from a bad purchase.
Areas of use
In the old days, essential oil was used as an effective antiseptic for disinfecting wounds and various injuries. With the development of pharmacology and the creation of effective drugs, it was replaced by more modern substances. In the future, the aromatic agent found its application as a component of cosmetic products. Hydrodistillate from the leaves of a tropical plant is included as an active ingredient in many types of cosmetics:
- Face cream;
- Body milk;
- Foot ointment;
- Mask for the face;
- Hair balm;
- Hair shampoo and more.
The relevance of an essential product for dermatological problems in the form of acne and acne is difficult to overestimate. The use of this ingredient in finished cosmetics or in the form of homemade masks and local applications gives good results, which is why this tool has not been forgotten, but continues to be popular.
The mechanism of action of Australian tree oil is as follows:
- Cleansing the pores of the epidermis by normalizing the functioning of the sebaceous glands;
- Powerful antiseptic effect due to the destruction of pathogenic bacteria that provoke the formation of purulent masses;
- Skin toning, activation of blood circulation in it;
- Acceleration of the healing process of wounds and other damage to the dermis;
- Reducing the level of puffiness due to increased metabolic processes in the deep layers of the epidermis.
The key benefit of this oil is that it is not addictive. This fact favorably distinguishes the effectiveness of treatment with a natural product from antibiotic therapy. Considering the formation of dermatological problems, the following stages are distinguished:
- Having penetrated the healthy tissues of the body, the pathogenic flora (of bacterial, viral or fungal origin) is actively reproduced, which leads to disruption of the functioning of the sebaceous glands;
- Excessive sebum production leads to clogged pores;
- Under the influence of bacteria, an inflammatory process occurs;
- The focus of inflammation spreads to healthy tissues, causing numerous rashes and suppuration.
Treatment consists in neutralizing the harmful effects of pathogenic pathogens. In contrast to the action of antibiotics, which at first give a very positive dynamics during therapy, essential oil does not lead to the development of resistance to it in bacteria and viruses. This fact, together with the natural origin, distinguishes it favorably from its “competitors”.
To increase the effectiveness of the action, use the undiluted product, applying it pointwise with maximum accuracy using a cotton swab or a thin brush. If it is necessary to treat large areas of the skin, the product is mixed with the base to reduce the concentration of active ingredients. As a basis, that is, a base, valuable types of oils are used:
- Wheat germ;
- Grape seed;
There is a good way to obtain a lifting effect and to activate the metabolism of the epidermis, which consists in adding a few drops of the aroma product to the purified water . The resulting composition is used as a tonic, which is used to wipe the face and other parts of the body with a cotton pad, or spray onto problem areas through a spray bottle.
When self-preparing formulations for acne, the inclusion of tea tree oil in them significantly increases the effectiveness, there are many proven recipes for cleansing and achieving a healthy skin.
Enrichment of cosmetics
Before applying a daily moisturizer or nourishing cream to the face or body, supplement the milk with one drop of the substance and apply it to the skin in the usual way.
- Pouring a few drops into a warm bath will make water treatments not only pleasant, but also useful.
- Enriching the shower gel with essential oil will help cleanse the dermis and prevent bacterial infections.
- If you include a portion of the healing elixir in the composition of the massage agent, the massage will become more effective and efficient, since increased blood circulation accelerates metabolic processes and skin regeneration.
- This oil-based anti-inflammatory face lotion is very easy to make. To obtain it, you need to dissolve one spoonful of alcohol or high-quality vodka in one hundred milliliters of purified water, add seven to eight drops of a disinfecting product. The resulting lotion is suitable for daily wiping of inflammation in the morning and evening, preventing the occurrence of new rashes.
- A beneficial treatment for acne-prone skin is rubbing with ice cubes, which narrows pores, increases circulation and accelerates the healing of dermatological lesions. To prepare useful frozen water, fifteen drops of ether are dripped into a glass of pure liquid, poured into an ice mold and placed in a freezer. Rubbing is carried out once or twice a day, making sure that the mixture does not get into the eyes.
The inclusion of a couple of drops of valuable oil and aloe-based gel in the composition of a healing face mask will help dry inflammation and relieve irritation of the dermis.
- A mask made from a tablespoon of heavy cream, three drops of tea and one drop of lavender oil has an anti-inflammatory, nourishing and soothing effect. The resulting composition must be whipped until a homogeneous texture is obtained, which allows it to be applied to a clean and dry skin surface requiring treatment. After twenty minutes, the composition is washed off with warm water, after which a nourishing cream is applied.
- A mask with beaten egg whites, supplemented with a complex of chamomile, lavender and tea oils, will serve as an excellent way to soften and heal the dermis, tighten pores and minimize inflammation. The protein mask is kept for at least half an hour and is washed off first with warm water, which dissolves the dried protein, and then with cold water in order to close the pores and increase the skin tone.
- Clay masks for acne are a very common and effective way to achieve healthy skin. Clay powder (blue, white, green or black) in the amount of half a teaspoon is dissolved in a small amount of cow’s milk or heavy cream and actively mixed until a creamy mass is obtained, to which three drops of an essential agent and the same amount of lemon juice are added. The resulting composition should be kept for no more than a quarter of an hour, after which it is washed off with a large amount of clean, slightly warm water. Since clay has drying properties, you need to use a nourishing cream after washing.
Tea tree oil helps not only treat acne, but also a variety of dermatological conditions, leaving the skin sparkling with health and clarity.