The condition of the skin directly depends on the internal health. Nutrition plays an important role in this issue. Its correct organization is especially important for those who have already faced dermatological diseases.
Many skin diseases, such as atopic dermatitis, are caused by an increased sensitivity of the skin to environmental factors. In a person with atopy, a relapse may be triggered by an inaccurate diet. The same can be said for psoriasis. Although the disease is caused by autoimmune processes that genes are responsible for, nutrition plays an important role in prolonging remission. For skin diseases, a hypoallergenic diet balanced in proteins, fats and carbohydrates is important.
How to eat to keep your skin clear
If you know firsthand what skin diseases are, then be sure to pay attention to your diet. You will notice that relapses have become more and more rare. Here are the basic rules, following which, you can help your skin:
- The diet for skin rashes must be hypoallergenic. Citrus fruits, chocolate, strawberries, seafood, and nuts should be avoided.
- Try to eat fractionally, several times a day in small portions, so as not to burden the digestive system, the condition of which directly affects our skin.
- Eliminate alcohol from your life, it negatively affects the liver, which removes toxins from the body.
- Try to keep your diet based on fresh vegetables, fruits, slow carbohydrates, and protein, which can be obtained from dairy products or lean meats.
- Polyunsaturated fats, which are very abundant in sea and ocean fish, are very important for the skin.
- Try not to be too high in calories, focus on your lifestyle and prefer natural animal and vegetable fats, such as fish and olive oil. But store-bought palm oil cakes should be discarded.
- Avoid canned foods and smoked meats. Also exclude from the diet “food junk” – chips, crackers, purchased sauces, carbonated drinks and packaged juices.
- Eat at home or in trusted establishments. Give up fast food.
For proper nutrition to become a way of life and bring only pleasure, you need to understand one simple truth – our health depends on food. Some eat unconsciously, quickly satisfying their hunger with what is at hand. But if a person has skin diseases, he must think about the benefits and harms of each piece that he puts in his mouth, because itchy skin after eating will torment much longer than the momentary pleasure of a treat.